In nature, small changes can have big effects. In ecology projects, Equinox knows that details make all the difference.
Reliable data is our hallmark, and ecological knowledge is fundamental to much of what we do—whether it’s analyzing wildlife habitate, assessing streams and watersheds, or managing invasive species. We also have the permitting skills to put plans into action, the design ability to restore degraded or impacted landscapes, and the monitoring capacity to measure a project’s success.
Streams & Wetland Mitigation
Wetlands and streams are essential to healthy ecosystems. We work with both public and private entities to facilitate full stream and wetland delivery projects. At Equinox , we also identify streams and wetlands that would benefit from restoration or preservation. Drawing on our staff members’ biological, environmental, and agricultural backgrounds, we are noted for our balanced outreach to landowners, and our development of mitigation projects that not only improve ecological function but also meet landowners’ financial needs.
- Assessment for Mitigation Potential
- Landowner Outreach
- Stream and Wetland Restoration and Design
- Mitigation Banking after Assessment for Mitigation Banking
See examples of our stream and wetland mitigation.
- Stream & Wetland Restoration
- Habitat Restoration & Enhancement
- Revegetation Projects (Forest, Meadow, Riparian)
- Streambank Stabilization
See examples of ecological restoration.
Landscape and Habitat Management
- Landscape Management Plans
- Ecological Management Plans
- Pond and Stream Management Plans
- Wildlife Habitat Management Plans
- Landscape Stewardship Plans
- Watershed Management Plans
See a few of our landscape and habitat management plans.
- General Site Assessments
- Water Quality Assessments
- Aquatic & Terrestrial Habitat
- Botanical Inventories
- Rare, Threatened, & Endangered Species
- Fish and Benthic
- Wildlife & Habitat
- Forest Health Monitoring
- Carolina Vegetation Survey
- Pond and Lake Assessments
See examples of our ecologcal assessments.
Streams & Wetland Delineations & Assessments
Federal and state law require the assessment of streams and wetlands because they are protected through the Clean Water Act and other legislation.Prior to developing a property, whether for a park, residential development, or other type of construction project, Equinox can provide an assessment of the streams and wetlands. Equinox will help to identify if a stream or wetland exists on a property , help our clients navigate the permitting process , and/or help reduce impacts that may require permitting.
- Site Inventories
- Stream Determinations
- Stream Channel Surveys
- Stream Channel Substrate Sampling
- Wetland Delineations
See a few of our Stream and Wetland Delineations and Assessments.
Environmental Reviews & Permitting
- Section 401/404 Permitting
- Stormwater Permitting
- Land Disturbance Permitting
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Categorical Exclusions (CE)
- Environmental Assessments (EA)
See a few examples of environmental reviews and permitting.
- Stream and Wetland Monitoring
- Biological Monitoring
- Stormwater BMP Functional Assessments
See examples of ecological monitoring.
Invasive Exotic Species Management
- Invasive Exotic Plant Control
- Invasive Management Plans
- Integrative Pest Management
- Training for Invasive Plant Identification & Treatment
monitoring projects for mitigation
acres of ecological restoration
feet of streams restored
natural resource inventories
Explore the full range of exciting projects by Equinox.See them all
Put our expertise to work on your project. Contact us