Based in Asheville, Equinox is a multi-disciplinary firm composed of professionals with diverse backgrounds in natural resources, landscape architecture, land planning, recreation planning, conservation planning, environmental science, and LEED. Our mission is to facilitate conservation and sustainable development by providing private, public, and non-profit clients with high quality ecological services, conservation planning, and environmental design.
Job Openings at Equinox:
Landscape Architect/Recreation Planner
Equinox is looking for a Landscape Architect or Planner that will contribute to the preparation of recreation plans at the local and regional level for greenway, trail, and park projects. They will also be involved in master plans for multimodal improvement projects and water/natural resource efforts. This person will conduct data collection, develop documents for planning projects that are graphic rich, and assist with client and stakeholder coordination and public outreach.
The ideal candidate shall demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Ability to make visually appealing and easy to read maps with GIS including the ability to organize and analyze data in GIS (ESRI programs)
- Excellent command of Adobe suite (i.e. InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, understandable, and highly readable planning documents
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of an organization
- Ability to organize work and effectively manage time
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with public process and relevant tools
- Experience with Microsoft suite (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 0-6 years of professional work experience
- A professional Landscape Architecture (or other relevant) degree from and accredited college or university
In addition to knowledge, skill, and ability, Equinox is looking for an individual that embraces both our mission and our core values of Balance, Quality, Community, Relationships, and Prosperity. This position will require some overnight travel.
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equinox is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.