Equinox has an opening for a Landscape Architect with a focus on Planning Projects
The incumbent will contribute to the preparation of recreation plans at the local and regional level for greenway, trail, and park projects. They will also be involved in master plans for multimodal improvement projects, streetscape plans, and water/natural resource efforts. This person will conduct data collection, develop documents for planning projects that are graphic rich, and assist with agency coordination and public outreach.
The ideal candidate shall demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to make visually appealing and easy to read maps with GIS and/or CAD (Ability to organize and analyze data in GIS is a plus)
- Excellent command of Adobe suite (i.e. InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, understandable, and highly readable planning documents
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of an organization
- Ability to organize work and effectively manage time
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft suite (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 0-6 years of experience
- B.S. degree in landscape architecture
Equinox is a multi-disciplinary firm composed of professionals with diverse backgrounds in natural resources, landscape architecture, land planning, recreation planning, conservation planning, environmental science, and LEED. Our mission is to facilitate conservation and sustainable development by servicing private, public, and non-profit interests with high quality ecological services, conservation planning, and environmental design. In addition to knowledge, skill, and ability, Equinox is looking for an individual that embraces both the mission and core values of the company. Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples (graphic examples of work that show a command of graphic communication, layout, and publishing) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and the ability of the chosen candidate to perform the specific job duties required of the position.
Equinox is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.